Friday, April 22, 2011
Basket Donations Sought for the District 99 Orchestra Banquet
We are starting a new tradition at the Orchestra Banquet on Friday, May 6th. To help with the ongoing need to replace the school-owned string instruments and bows, we are adding a Basket Raffle to the evening’s festivities. This was so successful at the Marching Mustang Banquet last fall, that we thought we’d try replicating it at the Orchestra Banquet.
To make this a success, we need donations of things to be raffled/auctioned off. Please consider making a donation. Ideas include:
- Finals week care package (lots of food and goodies)
- Summer picnic at Ravinia package (picnic basket, blanket, table, candles, etc.)
- Fourth of July themed package (anything red, white and blue)
- New driver package (gas gift card, atlas/GPS)
- Future collegiate package (dorm supplies, laundry supplies, snacks, etc.)
- Spa package
- Restaurant certificates
- Entertainment certificates
- Food packages
- Music-themed packages
- Fitness package
- Souvenirs from "exotic" Spring greak vacations
- Pet packages
Donations can be made by individual families or by a group of people. You can also solicit a business for a donation. If you’d like to take this approach, please contact us with your plan. We do have a small committee working on such donations so we just want to make sure we don’t duplicate our efforts and approach a business more than once.
Please let us know as soon as possible of your donation plans. Contact Gloria Salazar (glsalazar(at)sbcglobal.net), Jeni Robinson (jlrobinson712(at)gmail.com), or Koreen Hux (koreenh(at)sbcglobal.net).
As always, thank you for your support!
Posted by Friends of Fine Arts at 6:23 PM